Curried Chicken with Peaches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/4 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Toasted sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set peaches aside. In a small bowl, combine broth, butter, onion, curry, garlic, ginger and reserved juice; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Add raisins. Cook, covered, on high 15 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peaches and heat through. Serve with chicken. If desired, sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 423 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 25, 2015
So I am making this recipe for the first time today and was hoping for some inspiration for a good side to go with it.
Jan 5, 2014
Delicious!! I put it in the oven instead of the crockpot at 350 for about 90 minutes. It came out great. Next time I will add one more Tlbs of cornstarch as I thought the sauce could be thicker. Family loved it. I plan to make it again.
May 17, 2012
i loved it. two of my favorite foods chicken and peaches!
Feb 13, 2012
This was a very tasty recipe!
Apr 5, 2011
so this is a very good starter recipe if you're new to Indian-like cooking :) being half East Indian, i know better, so i ONLY use FRESH ginger, lots and lots of garlic, REAL Indian curry (NOT McCormick!) and use MANGO in place of the peaches :) sometimes i still use the peaches, but i ALWAYS add some fresh mango slices to it about an hour before we eat. Also, use golden raisins for a more authentic flavor :) Trust me! This is sooo good if you do it right. But even if you just follow this recipe, it's still very yummy... just suited for tastes this side of the ocean :P Oh, and if you DO use Indian curry, be wary, it's powerful and if you're not used to it, your insides may be mad at you...
Apr 21, 2010
Very bland and curry/peach combo was odd.
Apr 5, 2010
Curried chicken with peaches is so good, my family makes it whenever we have all the ingredients. It's a keeper and one my youngest son makes any time he can, as he's an awesome cook and very good at making these recipes.
Jul 28, 2008
Loved this recipe--I cut down on prep time by using frozen chicken breasts instead of cutting up the chicken and served it over a box mix of Mediterranean-flavored couscous, which cooks up in 5 minutes while the peaches are heating up at the end. Yummy!!