Caribbean Jerk Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove skin from chicken; if desired, use a sharp knife to cut through the leg quarter joints. Add chicken to marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on greased grill rack; cook, covered, over medium heat 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 335 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 23, 2018
I loved this recipe. My boyfriend and I made it with chicken legs, left it marinading in the fridge overnight then cooked it on the BBQ. Almost seared it on the grill first then put it on tinfoil and close the BBQ lid. Very tender and flavorful.
Jul 12, 2017
This is Judy's version of Jerk chicken. It may not be the version you're use to but a lot of people liked it. She is creative and I like that in a cook. I haven't tried it, so I would not comment on the taste. Thank you for sharing, Judy!
Apr 19, 2015
I would definitely make this again! We loved it. It disappeared fast!!
Sep 10, 2014
My sister made this it's fantastic!!!!!!
Jun 26, 2014
I liked this sweet and spicy chicken.
Jul 14, 2013
Great recipe! I used boneless, skinless thighs, mixed marinate and put in the chicken and in refrigerator overnight. Put on the grill for about 20 minutes and it was VERY good.
Nov 1, 2012
This chicken was fantastic, best chicken legs I've ever had. I did them in the oven and poured the marinade on top. I also used italian dressing in place of the olive oil because I didn't have the dry mix.
Sep 7, 2011
My husband and I always rave about how it is seriously the best chicken we have ever had! Everyone who has ever tried it at our house always loves it too!
Aug 3, 2011
Delicious! I also baked it instead of grilling it: 30 minutes on each side at 425 degrees. Turned out PERFECT!
Aug 2, 2011
Absolutely delicious! Wonderful flavor and so easy to make! I will definitely make this recipe over and over again.