Tangy Tropical Chicken
In this colorful dish, exotic fruits such as mango and pineapple beautifully complement the chicken and lend a pleasant hint of sweetness that’s balanced by a bit of soy sauce.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with mangoes, onion, green pepper and garlic. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, orange juice, soy sauce, chili sauce and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken mixture to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring juices to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken mixture and rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 299 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Tangy Tropical Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.