Caribbean Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed tropical fruit, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve brown rice
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with jerk seasoning. Stir-fry 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan with fruit. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat rice according to package directions. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup stir-fry with 1/2 cup rice: 432 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Apr 27, 2018
I was all set to make this dish. Until I read the ingredients. The fruit isn't fruit cocktail( peaches, pears, cherries and pineapples). It's tropical fruit( mango, papaya and pineapple). Not a fan of tropical fruit.??????????????????
May 4, 2017
Very good recipe, easy and quick for week night meal. Hubby liked it and would want it again. Made exactly as indicated and would only want alittle more juice for sauce next time.