Chicken Apricot Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in canola oil for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas, preserves, water, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, ginger and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 364 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 27, 2015
This was okay, but I probably won't make it again. I used corn starch to thicken the liquid. I also added some rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes. It just seemed to need something to take it to the next level.
Apr 10, 2012
This was a nice, quick meal. It wasn't too sweet. I would personally put the peas in 2-3 minutes later so they stay a little more crisp-tender and don't get overcooked and would use perhaps half to three quarters of the water to make it a little thicker or put in a little cornstarch mixed with water to thicken it just because I like my sauces a little thicker. We threw sliced almonds on top, which went very nicely!
Apr 5, 2012
Very easy and super tasty! The only "complaint" is that the sauce was too thin; next time I will probably omit the water but may try adding a thinkener instead.