Almond Chicken with Apricot Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients; transfer 1/2 cup to a serving bowl and set aside. Dip chicken in remaining apricot mixture. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle almonds over chicken; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with reserved apricot sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 361 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 10, 2013
Super delicious and super easy! My family loves this dish and requests it often. This is a definite keeper!
May 31, 2013
This was sensational...super easy to make...it's 9p+ on weight watchers but I think you could bring it down a bit if you chose smaller breasts. I really enjoyed this great flavor I will be making this again!
Mar 14, 2013
Delicious! I made a stove-top version. Used thin-sliced boneless chicken breasts. Stirred together the sauce ingredients, using instant minced onion stirred into the sauce. Set that aside and melted 1 tblsp butter in nonstick skillet; browned the chicken breasts, then poured the sauce over them. Simmered them briefly, covered, till done. Removed them from the sauce and boiled the sauce in the skillet till slightly reduced; poured the sauce over the breasts and sprinkled with toasted sliced almonds. Only thing I might do differently is to add red pepper flakes. Thanks for a marvelous recipel
Mar 24, 2012
Everyone loved it!
Oct 25, 2011
Wonderful says it all.
Mar 13, 2011
Easy to make and it is delicious.
Mar 12, 2011
I was very surprised how fast this went together, great for anyone that is in a hurry, loved the flavor and will definitely do it again, 'thanks for the wonderful simple recipe. Try it, you won't be sorry.
Nov 30, 2010
Delicious and pretty easy to make.
Oct 14, 2010
Made this last night with peaches instead of apricot and it was fantastic. Great for company as it's easy but tastes fantastic.
Jun 23, 2010
Very good, myself and my picky husband both loved it!