Apricot Chicken Pasta
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring apricots and sherry to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until apricots are tender. Cool.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Reduce heat to medium. Add the chicken, cream and soy sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, almonds, onion, salt, pepper and apricots. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture.
Mar 13, 2016
I loved this recipe. It was one of the first dinners that my lovely girlfriend made me in our first apartment. She did an amazing job making it. It was delicious! It was so good that she ended up making it again for lunch a few days later. Btw she is the most amazing woman on this planet! Thank you for dinner my love!
Sep 4, 2013
This literally tasted like something I would purchase at a restaurant. Delicious!
Mar 17, 2013
This was fantastic - my boyfriend actually said, "This tastes like something you'd order in a restaurant!"I added fresh asparagus chopped into 1 inch pieces when sautéing the garlic and mushrooms. It was so wonderful. I look forward to making this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.