Honey-Mustard Chicken Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken, peas, soup, milk, mustard, honey, parsley, salt if desired, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Drain pasta; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 432 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 22, 2016
Because of what I had on hand I used rotini pasta, no mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup. Very good flavor....wasn't sure what to expect. My 6 year old loved it!
Mar 12, 2014
We loved the taste of the creamy honey mustard sauce with the salty baccon. (I added extra baccon.)Good contrast.
Aug 10, 2011
This is a very good recipe!! I had everything on hand except the mushrooms.
Dec 22, 2010
This recipe has gone in my box...it is delicious! I am definitely making this again.
Oct 31, 2010
I fixed this recipe today and got rave reviews from my husband. It was yummy and had really good flavor. I used shell pasta rather than bowtie, since that's what I had on hand. I used a honey dijon mustard but would probably use plain next time because it made the dish taste a tad too sweet for my liking. I will definitely make this again!
Apr 27, 2009
such a YUMMY recipe. My 1 year old and 2 year old LOVE IT.