Honey-Orange Chicken and Pasta
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with the salt, paprika and pepper. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute onion in remaining butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, nutmeg, orange juice and honey; gradually pour over onion. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add olives and chicken. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Serve with linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 330 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 1, 2014
A neighbor served this recipe to us and we really enjoyed it. An added plus for DH is the lack of a red tomato base.Question: Is this a "Stand-Alone" type dish OR should a side dish be served with it? What should be served if a side dish is needed?
Mar 1, 2012
This recipe is packed with flavor! We omitted the olives.~ Theresa
Jan 15, 2011
My oldest daughter (she is my picky eater) and i loved this recipe. although my husband and youngest daughter didnt care for it as much
Nov 30, 2010
Fairly quick and produces a sweet tasting pasta dish.
Jun 28, 2010
I made this dish with rice instead of pasta, and I used tofu instead of chicken. It was delicious. I added a bit more black pepper, and a tiny amount of red pepper, to make it more spicy. I will definitely make it again. It was really easy to make, and very tasty!
Feb 27, 2010
I didn't think this recipe was anything special. It definitely had good flavor. I omitted the olives and the onions and added cashews to it. This will probably be a one time thing.
Nov 25, 2009
My family enjoyed this dish; however, they did point out that they would prefer more sauce (I'll double the sauce next time). They also stated they would like to try it with rice instead of linguine. I was absolutely surprised that my kids liked it, 13, 14, and 15 year-olds. Will include this recipe on the monthly menu for our family.
May 17, 2009
I made this tonight. It was easy to make. My husband and I loved it. I will be making this again.