Herb Chicken with Honey Butter
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Meanwhile, combine softened butter and honey. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 488 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2019
A great chicken recipe; love the honey butter with it!!
Nov 28, 2017
Great recipe that I make on a regular basis. Pairs well with lots of sides. I don't usually cook in a lot of butter so I cook with a tablespoon or two of coconut oil and once it is browned on the outside I put the chicken in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes to cook it through. it may not be as crispy but has good flavor and less fat. I skip the honey butter most of the time on my piece but the family likes the sweetness so I make the butter for them.
Nov 19, 2016
May 24, 2016
We loved this chicken. So quick and easy to make, and the honey butter made it awesome!
Jul 22, 2015
Very yummy! I did reduce the amount of parsley to 1T and added about 1/2 T of honey to the beaten egg instead of making honey butter.
Dec 10, 2014
The honey butter is a nice touch to this chicken recipe
Dec 7, 2014
My husband thought this was terrific! And it's so easy, too. But eat it right away, it doesn't hold well.
Nov 18, 2014
I gave it four stars because I honestly didn't see the point in using the honey butter. The chicken itself is cooked in plenty of butter and the breading has a very nice flavor. I felt like the honey butter was not needed at all. I would make this again without it obviously.
Nov 19, 2013
So good! I baked it for 35 min on 375 instead. so easy and the family loved it!
Oct 7, 2013
I think this would be just as good baked in the oven vs. pan frying. It was quite delicious!!