Curried Honey Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside 1/3 cup for basting. Dip chicken in remaining butter mixture; place in a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour, basting occasionally with reserved butter mixture. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drizzle over chicken.
Nutrition Facts1/2 pound: 164 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 1, 2014
So easy and so delicious! I have used boneless chicken breasts at times instead of the bone-in, and it has turned out great. I sometimes sprinkle some blanched almonds over the top of each chicken breast as a garnish, which is pretty and adds a nice crunchy texture to the dish.
Jun 8, 2013
This is just amazing!
May 17, 2011
My husband and I liked the extra sauce on top, but I left it off for my 5 and 2 year old who did not like the extra flavor.
Dec 6, 2008
Deliciously flavored, tender and juicy. If I don't want to spend the time baking and making the sauce separately, I mix the sauce ingredients with the cornstarch and water. Then I use boneless chicken which I cut up into bite sized pieces. I mix the chicken and sauce together and simmer in a large skillet till done. Serve it over rice like a traditional curry.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.