Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup sherry or apple juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
Feb 8, 2011
Made as instructed (using apple juice) and the only flavor that came through was the soy sauce. Couldn't discern honey at all. Disappointed.
Nov 12, 2010
This recipe has wonderful flavor, was simple to make, and my whole family loved it. I didn't use the sauce as a marinade however, I basted the chicken every 20 minutes, and the sauce in the pan after the chicken was done, we put over rice.