Honey-Grilled Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 17, 2013
Really delicious. And the leftovers were very tasty, too. I made some great chicken salad.
Jul 29, 2012
Excellent. I agree with the submitter: the longer you marinate the better (I left them in the marinade for 30 hours). Only substitution I made was to use agave syrup instead of the honey.
Aug 21, 2011
just okay - nothing special
Jul 27, 2011
This is excellent and I have made it a few times! I did not use the grill but it would be even better on the grill, next time! I did however saute it with the extra sauce for a bit~! Very good!
Mar 1, 2011
I leave out the ginger and it is our favorite way to do chicken! My kids love it!
Dec 6, 2010
This is fantastic! I halved the recipe for two large chicken breasts and used the left over merinade for rice. I used 1/2 T ground ginger instead of the recipe suggestion and it was great. I've made this several times and we love it (and so does whoever else is eating it)!
Apr 24, 2010
has anyone used dried/grd ginger for the fresh if so, how much did you substitute?
Jun 5, 2009
This is one of the best chicken recipes I've have found in a long time - no really "garlic taste"...just wonderful light orange taste to the chicken - not one piece left on the plate - will be making this several times this summer! Thanks for sharing this!
Nov 9, 2008
Excellent. Works well in fry pan too...just drain well. Add some reserved marinate to cooked brown rice or make extra marinate and save a bit more. The marinate is super for adding to stir fried veggies. This is excellent cold the next day especially on a salid. IT did not tast at all Garlicky ( I used jarred garlic 6 rounded t( maybe the garlic lost some of it's clout?)
Jul 31, 2008
This was fantastic! Some of the best chicken I've had in a while. The marinade made the chicken very tender. I served it with some sauteed vegetables. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.