Honey Grilled Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, honey and garlic; set aside 1/2 cup. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade for basting.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade from bag. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. On a greased grill rack, grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and firm, turning and basting frequently.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 175 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2017
This recipe was good. But it didn't wow me with flavor and no one else in my family thought it was ridiculously amazing either. But it's a good, simple recipe that I would probably use again, maybe without the italian dressing.
May 7, 2017
I love shrimp and so does my cousin so I am always on the hunt for ways to dress it up. This was perfect. It is super yummy and glazes so well to the shrimp. This is definitely something I will be making all summer.
Jan 8, 2017
We both thought it very good and will make it again soon. Believe we'll add a bit of Cayenne pepper in the marinade. We like our food a bit snappy.
Aug 31, 2016
Very delicious and so easy to make! My kids loved this, too. The honey is so tasty in this recipe!
Jun 3, 2016
how much is a serving? 383mg of sodium... wow?
Mar 26, 2016
Delicious! Easy dinner or appetizer.
Jun 29, 2015
I have made these four times already and LOVE this recipe! I have also added a small pinch of red pepper flakes to them for a little heat! This is a family favorite!
Oct 29, 2014
So so good! I tried it with chicken and shrimp. The shrimp was delicious and the chicken was just okay.
Sep 4, 2014
Very easy and flavorful!
Jun 2, 2014
Delicious and easy!!!