Stuffed Chicken Breast with Honey Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 4-1/2 teaspoons butter until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Add spinach and cream cheese; cook and stir over low heat until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup spinach mixture down the center of each chicken breast half. Fold chicken over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Place seam side down in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; stir in the honey, mustard and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, basting every 15 minutes with pan juices. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 455 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Aug 25, 2012
I couldn't find my stone ground mustard so used spicy brown mustard
Sep 10, 2011
I added some fresh grated parmesan and romano to the stuffing. Instead of bread crumbs I added wheat germ since I had no bread crumbs in my pantry. It turned out GREAT and that sauce is pretty tasty too.
Jan 30, 2011
Love this recipe and loved the fact that it freezes well. Liked the fact that the sauce for on top was plenty to cover all the chicken breasts.
Jan 13, 2011
This recipe was a hit with the whole family.
Sep 10, 2010
This was really really easy to make. Didn't have stone-ground mustard, the only thing I had on hand was Dijon mustard which turned out great. Very tasty.
Sep 28, 2009
Came out really good! All I had on hand was Dijon Rough Mustard, and it gave the glaze a tangy taste! My 3 kids loved it and ate all the spinach inside. Will make again, Thanks!
Jun 4, 2009
I loved the combination of flavors in the stuffing and the glaze, they complemented each other beautifully.