Stuffed Ranch Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 bacon strip, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons fat-free evaporated milk
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towel. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; spread with ranch dressing. Top with mushrooms, red pepper and onions. Roll up and wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Place in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Remove toothpicks.
- Strain pan juices. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Oct 29, 2011
This is very good with lots of flavor. I have made this several times and everyone always loves it. I omit the mushrooms and don't bother with the sauce. I think the chicken has enough flavor without the sauce and it detracts from the chicken. Great recipe overall!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.