Stuffed Ranch Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 bacon strip, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons fat-free evaporated milk
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towel. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; spread with ranch dressing. Top with mushrooms, red pepper and onions. Roll up and wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Place in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Remove toothpicks.
- Strain pan juices. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 220 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Oct 29, 2011
This is very good with lots of flavor. I have made this several times and everyone always loves it. I omit the mushrooms and don't bother with the sauce. I think the chicken has enough flavor without the sauce and it detracts from the chicken. Great recipe overall!