Stuffed Chicken Rolls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 4 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed chicken breast half: 525 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 60g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2018
We have a progressive Christmas dinner party to attend. Good news is I chose to bring appetizers. Then the memo came out dinner has no main dishes as there isn’t a house big enough to hold all the people so “appetizer bringers” are to bring small versions of entrees. Aaaaargh-I was going to make mini home made crust stuffed with salmon mouse baked, now think I’m gonna bring this-thanks for the post
May 13, 2018
My kids love to eat chicken and I will be trying this stuffed breast recipes soon. I am thinking to make ahead these chicken rolls for our Rammadan and during the breaking of fast I can bake the rolls. Thank you for great idea.
Apr 9, 2018
Chicken Roll is very use full when we Hungry fast: https://www.sooperchef.pk/chicken-veg-spring-rolls-recipe/
Apr 8, 2018
just had this for dinner tonight. It was good. I substituted the chicken soup and broth for chicken gravy. I also used thyme because that's what i had. I also cooked it in the oven. 350 for about an hour
Mar 12, 2018
This was wonderful. Will make again
Feb 22, 2018
These were delicious! The whole family loved them! I did bake them though. I didn't have enough time for the slow cooker. I let the chicken brown a bit in the oven and then poured the sauce over and cooked until bubbly. Thank you for sharing! I will definitely make these again.
Jan 14, 2018
This is a very nice recipe....I've been making it for years, but I haven't made it in a while. Now that I've been reminded about it, I'm thinking this will soon be on our plates once again.
Sep 11, 2017
I really liked this recipe but my family thought it was a bit dry. I used Canadian bacon instead of just ham. I'll still make this again!
Jul 5, 2017
It was fine, not good just fine. Everything was great until you ruin basically cordon bleu by pouring salty soup over it. Kids liked it. Me...not so much.
Feb 8, 2017
A dinner that looks impressive that you can make in a slow cooker? PERFECT! This recipe has always impressed and is an easy go-to.