Stuffed Ham Rolls
Need a break from turkey during the Thanksgiving holiday? These savory ham rolls are filled with stuffing and cheese, rolled in a tasty crumb coating and then cooked in a skillet.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 fully cooked ham slices (1/8 inch thick)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, boiling water and 2 teaspoons butter. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Top each ham slice with a cheese slice. Place 1/4 cup stuffing off-center over cheese. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and water. In another shallow bowl, add bread crumbs. Dip ham rolls in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- In a large skillet, saute ham rolls in remaining butter for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 472 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1123mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Ham Rolls in 2001 Taste of Home Calendar