Stuffed Ham & Egg Bread
My son, Gus, is a lover of all things ham-and-eggs, so I created this comforting stuffed bread with him in mind. I later added tomatoes to the recipe, and he still gives it a big thumbs-up. —Karen Kuebler, Dallas, TX
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until juices are evaporated, 12-15 minutes. Add eggs; cook and stir until they are thickened and and no liquid egg remains, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in ham.
- Unroll dough onto a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese lengthwise down one half of the dough to within 1 in. of edges. Top with egg mixture. Fold dough over filling, pinching to seal; tuck ends under.
- Bake until deep golden brown, 17-20 minutes. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 321 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 188mg cholesterol, 967mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Stuffed Ham & Egg Bruschetta in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017