Ham ‘n’ Cheese Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle cheeses into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, red pepper and green onions until tender. Stir in ham; spoon over cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper; pour over ham mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 272 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 201mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2019
Very tasty - loved the vegetables! I baked it longer than the recipe called for, until the edges were very slightly browned. My guests loved it, too, and it's a bonus that it's relatively low-cal compared to other egg dishes with more carbs.
Dec 3, 2018
Not my favourite but the hubs loved it.
Feb 3, 2013
Not my favorite recipe. Folks at work seemed to like, but I didn't care for the texture.