Overnight Egg Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Crumble sausage over the cheese and bread. Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, soup and broth; pour over sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 2-3 hours before baking.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or just until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 526 calories, 38g fat (18g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 1134mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 22, 2018
I used hot sausage, and added seasonings ... thyme, Mrs. Dash Table Blend, black pepper, and Morton Season All Seasoned Salt. I thought it was pretty tasty. It will be fun to play around with the recipe and make a few other changes..
Oct 30, 2017
There appears to be a lot missing from this recipe. Very bland!!!!
Dec 21, 2013
This was the worst breakfast casserole I have ever tasted. My husband and I ate one small piece and had to throw the rest in the garbage. I am a veteran cook, so it wasn't me!!
Sep 13, 2013
easy casserole to prepare. Adaptable with various meats and cheeses