Ham & Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
Easy and cheesy, my go-to casserole for action-packed mornings has made many appearances at holiday breakfasts, potlucks and even my daughter's college apartment to feed her hungry roommates. —Patty Bernhard, Greenville, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk together first four ingredients. Place a third of the potatoes in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; layer with a third of each of the following: ham, onion and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Pour egg mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Cook, covered, on low until set and edges begin to brown, 4-5 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Remove insert; let stand, uncovered, 30 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 324 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 239mg cholesterol, 822mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.