Pressure-Cooker Ham & Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min. + releasing
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Combine the potatoes, ham, onion and cheese; transfer to a greased 2-qt. souffle or round baking dish; pour egg mixture over top.
- Pour water into a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cover baking dish with foil. Place on a trivet with handles; lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 35 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to the manufacturer's directions. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 304 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 239mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Feb 25, 2018
I actually used a 1.75 qt round pyrex baking dish (larger than the recommended size) and I didn't even come close to fitting all of the ham, cheese, onion, or potatoes in it. Also, I tried using Cashew milk instead of dairy milk and that didn't work.
Feb 25, 2018
I wish I would have read the comments before I made this! I cut the recipe in half and it still did not cook all of the way through! We ended up trying to finish it in the microwave. This is definitely a recipe that is not a keeper.