Pressure-Cooker Ham & Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min. + releasing
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Combine the potatoes, ham, onion and cheese; transfer to a greased 2-qt. souffle or round baking dish; pour egg mixture over top.
- Pour water into a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cover baking dish with foil. Place on a trivet with handles; lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 35 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to the manufacturer's directions. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 304 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 239mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 25, 2018
I actually used a 1.75 qt round pyrex baking dish (larger than the recommended size) and I didn't even come close to fitting all of the ham, cheese, onion, or potatoes in it. Also, I tried using Cashew milk instead of dairy milk and that didn't work.
Feb 25, 2018
I wish I would have read the comments before I made this! I cut the recipe in half and it still did not cook all of the way through! We ended up trying to finish it in the microwave. This is definitely a recipe that is not a keeper.