Sausage and Egg Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 248 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Apr 17, 2019
One of our family's favorite recipes! I frequently substitute 2 cups cubed ham when I have leftover ham. Our family actually prefers it that way.
Oct 5, 2018
Used trader joes gluten free bread and it turned out amazing. I mixed up the eggs and cut up bread then had them soaking while I cooked up the sausage then in the oven it went. Exactly 40 mins was perfection. I added fresh herbs from the garden, some garlic powder and a garlic clove while cooking the sausage. This is an amazing base recipe!
Jun 24, 2018
2 stars because the serving sizes are so ridiculously small.
May 16, 2018
This recipe is great for a crowd when you don't want to be standing at the stove or waiting on the toaster. It was simple to make and prep ahead of time. It tasted great and was easy to serve.
Apr 1, 2018
Great recipe, a family favorite for holiday brunch. I like to toast the bread and use a little more egg, less milk for a firmer consistency. For variation, I just go with different flavored sausage .. sage, maple or hot. All good, this recipe is easy and always a hit.
Mar 14, 2018
This is my mom's, sisters and my go-to breakfast casserole--we all love it! Just use your favorite bulk sausage. Sometimes I make it the night before, but sometimes I make it in the morning - both come out delicious! I follow the directions exactly, perfect every time! Recommend!
Feb 19, 2018
delicious! will try again
Feb 11, 2018
Breakfast casseroles make mornings so much easier. This one is quick, tasty and takes ingredients I have on hand. A win all around!
Feb 2, 2018
Kids love it. I make it very early on Sunday mornings before going to church.
Dec 31, 2017
This has become my go to breakfast casserole. Everyone loves it. The ingredients are simple & easy to have on hand. Goes together quickly & bakes up perfectly!