Ham & Swiss Egg Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 16 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham, chopped
- 4 croissants, torn into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and nutmeg. Sprinkle cheese and ham into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish or pan; pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle croissant pieces over top.
- Bake, uncovered, until puffed and golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with chives. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 354 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 306mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 5, 2019
I have no idea why this recipe got poor ratings, it is very good. I took it to a breakfast meeting and received several compliments on it. I did make a few minor changes, used 12 large eggs instead of 16 and 1 1/2 cups of 2% milk instead instead of 2 cups. I baked it covered at 350 for about a hour, until knife came out clean, uncovered for the last 15 minutes.
Dec 25, 2018
This is toooo many eggs. It would not cook in the time listed. It took 55 minutes to cook and the top was over browned. Not a sucess.
Nov 21, 2018
I'm sorry but this casserole doesn't fly with me. First of all, what size are the croissants? A weight would be better. Second, breakfast casseroles with a dozen eggs take a long time to cook