Breakfast Egg Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and red and green peppers; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms; cook 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, flour, baking powder and seasonings until blended. Stir in cheese and vegetable mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 300 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 235mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Jan 2, 2020
This casserole was very easy to make and sauteeing the vegetables gave it good flavor. I wish the recipe would be more specific about what type of salt-free seasoning was used. I only had Season All, which has salt, so I used that instead of the salt-free seasoning and reduced the amount of salt. Definitely, a great recipe when serving a crowd at breakfast.