Brunch Ham Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine ham and onions; place about 1/4 cup down the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, cream, eggs and, if desired, salt until smooth. Pour over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 3 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada: 397 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Sep 4, 2019
OMG, these are not Enchiladas!
Apr 19, 2018
Flavor was ok, but we didn't care for the texture of the eggs, too much 1/2 & 1/2 for the amount of eggs. Took longer to bake than directed, tortia became dried out and the egg mixture that had seeped into the tortia was runny.
Mar 19, 2018
The recipe in the magazine said that you should put 1/3 cup of filling on each tortilla, and I ran out after 8 tortillas. But it still tasted good.
Jun 26, 2017
Such a tasty breakfast. I'll be fixing these again!!
Sep 10, 2016
Loved this!!!! It had an awesome flavor and was so easy to make. I did make a couple of changes though - we like a lot of flavor so I saut?ed onion & green peppers and put down the center of each tortilla. I did not have ham so used deli ham and chopped it up instead which worked great. You could also use cooked sausage in place of ham which would be a nice alternative. When preparing the tortillas I drizzled siracha mayo or mustard on them before putting the other ingredients. Just added to the flavor! I will definitely make these again!!!
Apr 16, 2016
Such a great recipe for the holidays or when you are feeding a crowd. Make the dish ahead of time and then pop it into the oven for a hot and hearty breakfast. This is a keeper!
Jan 3, 2016
This is a wonderful dish! I used whole grain tortillas, and made some with ham and some with broccoli and mushrooms for my brunch guests who don't eat meat. Both were so tasty, and really easy to make. This recipe is a keeper!
Mar 8, 2014
Wonderful dish!! I made it with Soy Crumbles instead of meat. Every one loved it and thought the Soy Crumbles were fabulous!!
Feb 25, 2013
Easy and yummy!
May 31, 2012
I made it lightened up as suggested on the bottom with ff milk instead of half & half. Save the half and half for coffee please! I used beef sausage instead of ham (hubby's preferance) and used half shredded pepper jack and half shredded cheddar on the top. I also took another reviewers idea and put in green pepper. Next time I will saute all the veggies since they were slightly crunchy after cooking. Love the convenience of prep at night and just throwing it in the oven in the am. Great for my honey who works night shift is hungry very early at 6-7am.