Ham Enchiladas for Brunch
—Gail Sykora, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 10 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- Combine ham and onions; place about 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, milk and eggs until smooth. Pour over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 258 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 838mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Brunch Enchiladas in Comfort Food Diet 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.