Hearty Ham Omelet
I came up with this delicious and filling omelet for my husband and daughters, who think breakfast is the best meal of the day. I love to cook and had the best teacher around....my mom!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or process American cheese
- In a 12-in. nonstick skillet, cook green pepper, ham, onion and mushrooms in butter until tender; remove from skillet and set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs with milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture over half the omelet. Top with half of the cheese. Fold omelet in half over filling. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve on a warm platter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 297 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 368mg cholesterol, 794mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Ham Omelet in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Jul 4, 2011
This is the best omelet I hve ever had.
Jan 21, 2010
Very impressive looking. I love to watch the expressions on diners' faces when I set this omelet before them. It's as tasty as it looks too.