Omelet Tortilla Wrap
“Here’s a hearty, better-for-you breakfast that can be eaten right out of hand. Kids just love it.” Ingrid Parker - Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fully cooked lean ham
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, ham, onion, red pepper, milk, jalapeno, pepper and pepper sauce if desired. Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Slide omelet onto tortilla; roll up tightly.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 322 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Tortilla Omelet Wrap in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.