Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Stir in cheese and ham.
- Spoon egg mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Freeze option: Wrap cooled egg wrap in plastic and freeze in a resealable plastic bag for up to 1 month. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove plastic wrap; wrap tortilla in a moist paper towel. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 436 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 364mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Mar 5, 2012
Made this for my Sunday School class the night before and just heated in oven next morning. It was a big hit! I wrapped in foil so everyone could just grab and eat. Love it!
Aug 11, 2011
I love having these in the freezer. I don't thaw overnight, I thaw in the microwave on 50% for about 2 minutes, flip and do 2 minutes more. I've used 2 eggs and 1 cup of Egg Beaters with great results and added onions and peppers. I actually use 6" wheat tortillas and I can make roughly 8. Great low cal, low fat, on the run quick breakfast!
Apr 9, 2010
I've also served the filling on biscuits with yummy results.
Mar 8, 2010
these were an easy Saturday lunch that did not take a lot of time. I will keep this recipe in mind the next time I need to use some eggs.
Sep 4, 2009
Didn't taste good afer freezing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.