Taco Salad Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup chili beans, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/3 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 baked tortilla chip scoops, coarsely crushed
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1/3 cup salsa, beans, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture onto each tortilla. Layer with lettuce, tomato, cheese, crushed tortilla chips and remaining salsa; roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 345 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Jul 25, 2017
So much flavor packed into a wrap. Very delicious and filling. The whole family enjoyed this.
Jan 17, 2014
Wouldn't you just call this a taco?
Jul 22, 2012
Love this recipe. I make it all the time. I forget the tortilla's and just make a taco salad out of it for even less fat. So much flavor without all the guilt.
Dec 6, 2011
This was a great switch up from regular tacos! Easy, quick meal. Meat has a great taste. I left out the beans. I used reduced fat chedder cheese and wheat wraps. I added fat free sour cream. Served with tortilla chips and salsa on the side. I quadrupled the recipe for my family. Definately will make again.
Mar 4, 2010
These were excellent, the meat had a great flavor. Was a little skeptical at first that with the chili beans and powder would have a distinct chili taste but this was not the case at all! I added some chopped green pepper to the meat for some extra kick, and served the meat mixture over crushed tortilla chips rather than soft shell tacos. Will definitely make again!
Apr 15, 2009
It was easier for me to make enough for 8 servings since I had a pound of beef and a full can of beans. I froze the extra meat mixture in small containers for future meals.
Feb 6, 2009
What a great idea. Love Taco Salad.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.