Scrambled Egg Wraps
This tasty morning meal will fill your family up with protein and veggies. Try using flavored wraps to jazz things up. —Jane Shapton, Irvine, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil until tender. Add tomatoes; saute 1-2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, soy milk and salt. Reduce heat to medium; add egg mixture to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon 2/3 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 258 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Scrambled Egg Wrap in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008