Eggs & Chorizo Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 ounces fresh chorizo
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions, minced fresh cilantro and salsa
- Remove chorizo from casings. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat until cooked through, breaking into crumbles, 6-8 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add egg mixture to chorizo. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup egg mixture across center of each tortilla. Add toppings of your choice. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap (calculated without toppings): 520 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 256mg cholesterol, 1119mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jan 27, 2019
Found this recipe for chorizo after receiving some as a Friday Freebie at my local store. I frequently make breakfast burritos using sausage. The chorizo made a slightly spicy version but it was very delicious! I served them with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
Nov 6, 2016
A hot, tasty breakfast, simple and quick, with just one pan to clean.