Eggs & Chorizo Wraps
My husband grew up in southern California and loves chorizo. We use the spicy sausage in these wraps that our children call “Daddy's Eggs.”—April Nissen, Yankton, South Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 ounces fresh chorizo
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions, minced fresh cilantro and salsa
- Remove chorizo from casings. In a large skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until cooked through, breaking into crumbles.; drain and return to pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add egg mixture to chorizo. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup egg mixture across center of each tortilla. Add toppings of your choice. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap (calculated without toppings): 520 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 256mg cholesterol, 1119mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Eggs and Chorizo in Tortillas in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.