Chorizo & Egg Breakfast Ring
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo, casings removed, or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. On an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan, arrange triangles in a ring with points toward the outside and wide ends overlapping. Press overlapping dough to seal.
- In a large skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until cooked through, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, wiping skillet clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper until blended. In same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- Spoon egg mixture, chorizo and cheese across wide end of triangles. Fold pointed end of triangles over filling, tucking points under to form a ring (filling will be visible).
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 477 calories, 32g fat (11g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 1149mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2017
Good breakfast ring and easy to assemble. Would work on a leisurely weekend morning or a busy weekday morning.
Jul 8, 2015
I will make it with the spicy pork sausage next time instead of the chorizo but everyone loved it regardless. Serving with salsa was a hit. I didn't have any left over eggs and chorizo like one of the others posted....they must not have make the ring large enough. It was perfect.
May 18, 2015
Made this for my boys for dinner. They liked it. Lots of left over eggs and chorizo. Will make this again!
Nov 16, 2014
Family loved it!