Chorizo-Queso Egg Rolls
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 6 ounces uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 cups crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- For dipping sauce, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, cilantro and chipotle peppers. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; cook for 6-8 minutes over medium heat or until fully cooked. Drain. Stir in the queso fresco, enchilada sauce and chilies.
- Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. Place 2 teaspoons of filling in the center. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Editor's NoteFill wonton wrappers a few at a time, keeping the others covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.
Nov 29, 2019
Very good recipe... need an appy do this one. Dont be chicken do this recipe I did review before making dipping sauce and loved the rolls. My changes as i didnt have all the ingredients Used 2 sarrento peppers Added a 1/2 finely chopped onion No enchilada sauce, used 1/2 a can of tomato paste 1/4 tsp cummin 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp salt 1 1/2 cups water 3/4 tbs chipotle sauce 1/8 tsp hot chili powder ( to taste ) Used Monterey jack cheese
Nov 14, 2008
I tried these for a get together that I had with some friends. They loved helping roll the wontons and they were so good! The dip was even really good!