My husband and I try to eat healthy, but finding new meals for breakfast is a challenge. By adding tomatoes, spinach and garlic to traditional eggs and egg whites, we can have a dish that is both light and satisfying.—Wendy G. Ball, Battle Creek, Michigan.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites until blended. In same pan, add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan; wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach, tomatoes and garlic; cook and stir until spinach is wilted, 2-3 minutes. Stir in sausage and eggs; heat through. Sprinkle with pepper.
- To serve, spoon 2/3 cup filling across center each tortilla. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. If desired, serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 258 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.