Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, brown sausage. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in drippings until tender.
- In another skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- Divide sausage mixture among tortillas; top with eggs and cheese. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 429 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 188mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 4, 2010
I added about a tsp of pepper to the mix, we did not have any mushrooms on hand so I did not include them. But over all this recipe is to die for! def will make it again!