Sausage Breakfast Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/3 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour into same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, prepare muffin mix according to package directions. Fold in sausage, scrambled eggs and 1/2 cup cheese. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm.
Jan 14, 2020
My son loves these so I've made them often for him to pack off to college. Regular sausage will also work in this recipe; bump the meat up to 1/2 pound and add another egg for the scramble. I prefer to top them using quartered cheese slices because shreds tend to tumble down the muffin.
Nov 8, 2019
Awful! So dry and no flavor.
Apr 23, 2019
These are so easy to make, and delicious! I have made them several times, for road trips, church potlucks, and to keep on hand in the freezer. They always come out good, and are a big hit. I used rolled pork sausage and double the recipe.
Mar 9, 2019
make these every week for sons breakfast to go. Easy to make use large muffin pan, makes 10, less carbs than using biscuits. very tasty....
Jan 4, 2015
So quick and easy. I had some precooked sausage I thawed out, making this so easy. Was a huge hit in my house. Very moist and flavorful too.
Oct 28, 2014
I used a taco cheese blend instead of cheddar cheese to give it more of a southwestern flavor with the cornbread. I enjoyed the muffins with some salsa. My daughter that doesn't care for cornbread enjoyed theses muffins. I'm sure these will reheat well for breakfast the next few days.
Aug 21, 2014
Hi, I'm the Sara from the recipe and I want to thank you for your reviews! I should point out that I did not mean to put Italian sausage - you can use any kind you want. I absentmindedly wrote it down because that is what I had on hand the last time I made the muffins. I want to try using maple sausage like Evansmom suggested!
Nov 23, 2013
This is a great recipe for quick on the go breakfast during the week. I make it with pepperjack and cheddar cheese. Super easy to make ahead and reheat!
Nov 20, 2013
Awsome! We made this with maple sausage instead of italian. Came out perfect & I made extra & bagged in the fridge so my husband can take them to work for his snack. My 14yr old son loves cornbread & the added sausage & cheese is a plus for him. He takes them for morning snack at school.
Sep 12, 2013
Thank you Sara for sharing this great recipe. I had some sausage link in the freezer, so just thawed and peeled the casing off. I had a little more then the 1/3 lb the recipe called for . And didn't quite have enough cheese. My husband said I should make them again, but to use the exact amounts and maybe they won't crumble. He's going to eat some for his mid-morning snack, too. I'm definitely sharing this recipe with my two daughter-in-laws.