Cheddar Sausage Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese and water. Stir in biscuit mix until blended. Add sausage. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 169 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 22, 2015
I use hot sausage to mine. I also cook some chopped onions in with the sausage. My family gobbles them up. Love this simple recipe.
Dec 25, 2012
made these last yr. i sell stuff at the farmers market. i couldnt keep these on my table. my adult kids love these. to me their a little too fat. with the soup in them. but i make one now that s like a biscuit.scone with same ingred just no soup.
Jan 16, 2012
These were very moist and tender. I subbed 2/3 cup turkey sausage crumbles for the cooked pork sausage to make them more weight watcher point friendly. The muffins are good-sized and tasty. The taste is reminiscent of cheese straws. Would be good with added ground cayenne pepper.
Oct 28, 2010