Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Additional ketchup, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix the first 5 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press about 1/3 cupful into each of 12 ungreased muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes. Brush tops of loaves with 3 tablespoons ketchup; bake until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-7 minutes. If desired, serve with additional ketchup.
- Freeze option: Bake muffins without ketchup; cover and freeze on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer muffins to an airtight freezer container; return to freezer. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place muffins on a greased shallow baking pan. Spread with ketchup. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until heated through.
2 mini meat loaves: 260 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.