Meat Loaf Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Additional ketchup, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press about 1/3 cupfuls into each of 12 ungreased muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes. Brush tops with 3 tablespoons ketchup; bake until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-7 minutes. If desired, serve with additional ketchup.
- Freeze option: Bake meat loaves without ketchup; cover and freeze on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer meat loaves to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place meat loaves on a greased shallow baking pan. Spread with ketchup. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 mini meat loaves: 260 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Dec 3, 2017
Good baseline recipe. You can alter ingredients to your preferred taste and seasoning.Cook Time: Cook meat for 20-25 minutes then brush with topping returning to oven for 5-7 minutes. 15 minute cook time leaves meat unsafe.For topping I use a traditional mixture of brown sugar and ketchup.Tip: Do not cook this directly in a metal muffin tin... so hard to clean! Instead use silicone muffin cups!
Jul 17, 2017
Why are these recipes not print friendly
Mar 18, 2017
I have a meatloaf recipe I like MUCH better, however, I do like using a muffin pan as opposed to a bread pan.
Aug 12, 2014
very delicious and easy to make!!! I topped them with more bbq sauce instead of ketchup...they also took a little longer to bake than what the recipe says, but it may just be my oven....I also just shaped into balls and baked instead of using the muffin tin.
Jun 9, 2014
These were super easy to make, the worst part was cleaning the muffin tin! I used frozen diced onion and yellow pepper. I also didn't realize that I didn't have enough bread crumbs so I crushed up some saltiness to add to it. My fiance loves meatloaf and he approved this recipe!
Nov 12, 2013
Love this recipe! It is so fast and easy plus delicious! For Valentine's Day I shape the loaf heart shape to carry on a tradition I have had for 43 years with husband and he loves it too!
Apr 26, 2013
Loved this recipe. Can make it for hubby and me and freeze the leftovers for another few meals!! The grandkids loved this too!!
Oct 27, 2011
Loved these... simple & delicious. Used a peppercorn bbq sauce. Will definitely make again.
Mar 29, 2011
I have been making this recipe for a few years now with ground turkey instead of the beef. It is at the top of our favorite list! My husband says I could make this once a week!
Jan 28, 2011
These are fun and delicious. Hubby loves these. I don't really care for meatloaf but I did eat quite a few of these. Theyn were good, for a meatloaf. I will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.