Meat Loaf Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup coarsely crushed saltines (about 20), divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a bowl, combine egg, milk, onion, chili powder, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in 1/2 cup cracker crumbs. Add beef; mix well. Shape into six patties, about 1/2 in. thick. Coat with remaining crumbs. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with ketchup.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Mar 13, 2015
This was absolutely delicious! I added a little more onion than called for and my hubby said I could've added more. So daggone moist! Easier than meatloaf yet tastier than a plain burger... A new family fave!
Sep 22, 2012
Easy and tastes great! Next time I will only use half the garlic.
Apr 4, 2011
i have been making these patties since recipe was published in 2000. very easy to make and easy on the budget. i always serve them with mashed pototoes and some kind of veggie for a very satiisfying meal for my family of five!