Meat Loaf with Oatmeal
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 25 min. + standing
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, oats, onion, salt, sage and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press into an ungreased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours; drain.
- Spread ketchup over meat loaf. Bake until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°, about 10 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 308 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Oct 31, 2017
Looks Delicious ??!
Oct 30, 2017
This is very similar to mine. For my topping I mix ketchup, worcestershire sauce and a touch of brown sugar.
Oct 30, 2017
Try using Bloody Mary Mix instead of any liquid. Fabulous
Oct 29, 2017
This is almost exactly like my meatloaf. I do add about a tsp. of Dijon mustard, a tbsp. dried parsley, some crushed dried rosemary and some thyme to the mixture. My kids always loved it!
Oct 16, 2017
I made this for supper last night and I thought it was delicious! Instead of just putting ketchup on top I added some brown sugar and mustard to it to give it more of a tangy topping. It held together very well. I will make this recipe again.
Sep 19, 2017
I MADE THIS MEATLOAF THE OTHER EVENING, IT HELD TOGETHER NICELY, WHICH I FIND A PROBLEM WITH MANY RECIPES, THE FLAVOR WAS YUMMY, I USED SPICY KETCHUP WHICH I PROBABLY WON'T DO AGAIN, AS I FELT IT KINDA OVERPOWERED THE FLAVOR. I LOVE A GOOD MEATLOAF AND THIS IS A GOOD ONE
Aug 16, 2017
I put the catsup right in with the other ingredients and added another 1/4 cup of chopped onions and a 1/4 c. of chopped celery. Yes this tastes just like mom's meatloaf! Yummy!
Jun 12, 2017
YUMMY. I have made this before. This is my go to recipe. Delicious.
Nov 8, 2016
I have not made this yet myself, but I've eaten it -- this is the meat loaf recipe that my mom served when I was a kid (50 years ago)! Thank you for posting it; I am looking forward to trying it out to see if it's as good as I remember.