Oat Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1-1/4 cups warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In bread machine pan, place the milk, 2 tablespoons butter, vanilla, brown sugar, salt, flours and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add oats and nuts. Brush baked loaf with remaining butter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 141 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 27, 2015
Mar 21, 2015
Bread turned out perfectly! Soft and nutty.
Jun 26, 2012
Love this recipe!! I made it with chopped toasted almonds instead of walnuts because that is all I had. This bread freezes well too!!