Vegetable Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash each pepper and garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons chili sauce or ketchup, divided
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, bread, egg, carrot, onion, green pepper, celery, seasonings and 2 tablespoons chili sauce.
- Form into a loaf in an ungreased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan. Spoon remaining chili sauce over loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 330 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 1349mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Feb 4, 2018
I love the vegetable meat loaf! I followed the recipe the first go around, but the pieces of veggies didn't win over my family. The second time around I ground all the veggies in the food processor to better hide them in the meatloaf, which worked well. This is a meatloaf I'll be making over & over again!
Mar 1, 2012
We thought this was a great meatloaf recipe! The only changes I made were to omit the green pepper and to top it with BBQ sauce.
Aug 4, 2009
Hubby loved it!!!!Omitted carrot,potatoes & cheese. Omitted sliced bread (added homemade bread crumb recipe-save in freezer all leftover bread crust ends (that no one will eat),toast 'em in toaster, place in food processor,add salt,pepper,parsley, oregano, process in food processor; then refreeze, use as necessary ).Note: Never buy store bought bread crumbs again. Sometimes I add Parmesan cheese to bread crumb mixture.Hubby said after 28yrs+ my meatloaf was always missing something. He said, this is the one!! He actually asked me to make again next day so that he could have meatloaf sandwiches for work.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.