Onion Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Cut three 20x3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oats, ketchup and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 29, 2015
Really easy to prepare and delicious. We did use barbecue sauce instead of catsup, just our preference. The foil made it really easy to lift out. We will have this again for sure!
Jul 23, 2015
I have made it in the crock pot and in the over, my family loved it.
Jun 23, 2015
Tasty and easy! I substituted a pound of ground turkey for half of the ground beef and baked in a conventional oven at 375 for an hour. Turned out moist and was a hit with our family! Will definitely make again!
May 13, 2013
This meat loaf was second only to my grandmother's recipe. It was delicious and moist and it was nice to have the oven free for other dishes.
Sep 17, 2012
This was great!! I added some diced red pepper and some leftover diced onion. So it was nice and onion-y! Didn't have oatmeal so I used 3 slices of white, whole-grain bread that I crumbled. Was super easy and delicious.
Aug 22, 2012
It was a great recipe. I used 1 cup of bread crumbs instead of the oats and topped it with stewed tomatoes. It was super easy to make, a real crowd pleaser, and it was nice to come home to dinner already made. My kids said it was a keeper recipe.
Sep 12, 2011
First time I have ever written a review, yet I use recipes off this web site all the time. Had to rate this one. It was great! Also added 1/2 cup of water and used beef onion soup mix instead of regular onion soup mix. Used my oven at 350 degrees for one hour instead of the slow cooker. Best meatloaf I have ever made and so easy.