Trail Mix Muffins
From Hugo, Colorado, Patricia Jones writes,"These hearty muffins blend stick-to-your-ribs granola, fruit, nuts and chocolate chips. They're perfect for a breakfast on the go or any time you need a lift."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chips, peanuts, raisins and apricots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Trail Mix Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.