Sausage Cheese Muffins
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes4 dozen mini muffins or 2 dozen regular muffins
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, sage and sausage. Stir in the biscuit mix just until moistened. Fill greased miniature or regular muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 112 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2018
Sorry for the bad rating but I thought this sounded like a real winner. It was more like heavy biscuit taste with sausage. Thought the suggestion of adding cheddar cheese was a good idea but it didn't help.
Apr 16, 2018
These were just okay, i subbed cubed ham since I had leftover ham to use up, maybe that was the issue. Zipped them up a little with shredded cheddar cheese on top. Next time I will try the spicy sausage, and edit my review! :)
Jul 19, 2017
These are delicious! I made my first batch and my husband and I couldn't stay out of them. I've been making a double batch on the weekend and freezing them wrapped in paper towels inside freezer bags. We just grab a couple on the way out the door for a quick, easy to heat and eat breakfast!
Sep 2, 2013
My family loves this receipe!
Aug 1, 2012
I make these often, I use 1/2 cup of buttermilk in place of the milk and thin the batter with more regular milk if it seems too dry - folding in the sausage last. I also add about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese. These freeze really well & make an easy breakfast on the go!
Jul 15, 2011
I've been making this recipe for years. They're easy, moist and very good. They're kind of like a sausage ball with a biscuit/muffin texture. I don't care for muffins but I like these. Also, they freeze and re-heat very well, especially if you pop them back in the oven.