Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups pancake syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle;
- turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 602 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 89g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 10, 2013
These were delicious, and definitely make enough for a little crowd! The sausage makes them so filling. Next time, I will add a little lemon juice and sugar to make the batter a bit lighter and fluffier.
Dec 20, 2010
This was tasty. My family liked them. Definitely serves 6, maybe 7 or 8. I used maple flavored sausage to add even more maple flavor.