Carrot Cake Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes1 dozen (1/2 cup syrup)
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Finely shredded carrots, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in carrots.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn pancakes when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and milk. Serve pancakes with cream cheese mixture and half the syrup; sprinkle with nuts and, if desired, shredded carrots. Cover and refrigerate remaining syrup; save for another use.
Not sure which brand of pancake mix to buy? Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes with toppings: 388 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Dec 17, 2018
This one fits the looking for something different bill. It’s light and very tasty . The seasoned up Maply Syruip just takes it over the top. Speaking of tops I topped mine with toasted pecans, sautéed carrots and toasted coconut. I did not use the cream cheese. No butter needed for these sweet, rich little cakes. VFE.
Jul 6, 2012
Delious not just for breakfast but anytime of day!!
Oct 18, 2010
I just made the pancakes and they are wonderful! I served them with maple syrup.